25 years experience in the mobile telecomms industry
IOTECC was founded in 2015 by Friedhelm Rodermund, a senior consultant with a focus on mobile communications and IoT standards, and technology strategy.
He held various leading roles in the development of key standards for mobile telephony and mobile data across standards development organizations such as 3GPP, ETSI, GSMA, OMA and oneM2M.
He holds several patents, has published numerous articles and has contributed to various technical books.
He also acts as an independent consultant advising on aspects of mobile technology, IoT and related IP. He serves frequently as an expert witness for patent infringement and validity actions.
Friedhelm works with selected partners - individual experts and companies - to address the needs of IOTECC's clients.
Friedhelm Rodermund vita
Since 2015: founder and CEO of IOTECC, mobile telecommunications and IoT standards, mobile video and VR, patents
2005-2014: Vodafone Germany/Vodafone Group R&D, senior standards strategist: mobile broadcast, device management, M2M/IoT, leading innovation projects
1998-2004: ETSI (France), supporting launch of 3GPP, 3G standards development
1993-1998: Mannesmann Mobilfunk, radio network test project manager, GSM (2G) standards development
1993: RWTH Aachen (Germany), NTH Trondheim (Norway), master in telecommunications engineering
Mobile telecommunications, video/VR and IoT consulting
- castLabs GmbH
- Cumulocity GmbH
- Diehl Metering GmbH
- Metasphere Ltd.
- PROvendis GmbH
- Vodafone Group Plc.
- Baker Botts LLP (law firm, US)
- Boies Schiller Flexner LLP (law firm, US)
- Cohausz & Florack (patent law firm, Germany)
- DLA Piper LLP (law firm, US)
- Fish & Richardson, P.C. (law firm, US)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP (law firm, US)
- Greenberg Traurig LLP (law firm, US)
- King & Spalding LLP (law firm, US)
- Klarquist Sparkman LLP (law firm, US)
- McGuireWoods LLP (law firm, US)
- Sidley Austin LLP (law firm, US)