IOTECC helps clients in understanding and shaping the IoT standards, and leverage such standards for innovative products and services. We offer more than 20 years of experience in active standardisation participation across 3GPP, ETSI, OMA, oneM2M, IETF, MPEG and GSMA.
For us, one of the most promising standards in the IoT space is OMA Lightweight M2M (LwM2M). LwM2M is a highly efficient standard offering crucial elements for IoT: device management and service enablement
We are offering consulting services around LwM2M and recently started offering LwM2M tutorials for companies. Friedhelm Rodermund, founder of IOTECC, has been heavily engaged in the creation of LwM2M from its outset. Please find more information below.
What is Lightweight M2M (LwM2M)?
- New standard from the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
- Device Management: firmware updates, remote configuration and troubleshooting
- Service Enablement: sensor and meter readings, remote asset control
- Highly efficient, suitable also for Low Power Wide Area e.g. NB-IoT
Why should I use it?
- No need to develop own DM/service layer protocol
- Reduced development costs and time to market
- Growing chipset, device and platform support
- Evolving ecosystem
We offer you a tutorial conveying qualified knowledge and insights:
Content LwM2M Tutorial
1. IoT standards landscape
2. LwM2M introduction and use cases
3. LwM2M protocol
4. LwM2M data model
5. OMA LwM2M Objects for device management
6. IPSO and other LwM2M Objects for service enablement
7. LwM2M Security
8. LwM2M over NB-IoT
9. OMA LwM2M standardization – LwM2M 1.1
10. LwM2M Eco System
11. LwM2M Software Demo
The tutorial is normally 4 hours. Duration and content can of course be adapted to the client’s needs.
Please contact us for further information.